Full-time students are accommodated through homestay accommodation and student apartment accommodation at Massey University’s Cube Hall.
Students who are younger than 17 at the start of their 1st Yr are accommodated by Host Families NZ (homestay) and older 1st Yr as well as 2nd and 3rd Yr students have accommodation at Cube Hall.
The New Zealand School of Dance has teamed-up with Host Families NZ to provide home-away-from-home accommodation to students – particularly those in their first year of study.
Choosing a homestay is a great option for students who are leaving home for the first time. You can feel safe and secure knowing all families are carefully interviewed and police screened. Students will be provided with meals and a warm and welcoming home environment.
Host Families NZ pride themselves on carefully matching students and visitors to their ideal host families by providing each party with a detailed profile. Their dedicated and experienced team match you with your ideal host as best they we can.
What is provided for:
• Welcoming family environment
• Reference families with police checks
• Laundry availability
• Reasonable use of internet, water, and electricity
• Great value – affordable
• 24/7 emergency support
• Breakfast and dinner on weekdays
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends and public holidays
The Cube at Massey
Massey University Wellington Halls accommodates NZSD students at The Cube Hall – located at 242 Taranaki Street – a 15-minute walk to the School.
The Cube Hall is a residential building comprised of sixty shared, self-catered apartments of 3-bedroom and 5-bedroom apartments, and 11 single studio apartments. The modern accommodation is fully furnished to a high standard, with wifi in all rooms and common areas, a common room and recreation room. Meal plans for residents are available.
The Cube Live Tour: 1 October 2022. The Cube staff will visit the School to speak to students and parents. Thereafter a Hall tour will commence at 1.30pm.
- 1st Yr students must be 17 years old on 29 January 2023 to be accepted into the Cube Hall. No exceptions will be made.
- 1st Yr students are usually placed in apartments with other NZSD students.
- Offers will be sent to 1st Yr students accepted by the NZSD on 20 October 2022.
- NZSD students may only apply for the Cube Hall, all our other halls are exclusive to Massey students.
- Senior students already residing at Massey University Halls will receive information for 2023 applications from Massey in August 2022.
- Senior students not currently residing at Massey Halls may apply for the Cube Hall from 1 August 2022.
Applications open on 1 August 2022 and close on 8 October.
This link below offers virtual tours of the common areas and each apt type available. Under Pricing 2023 there is a downloadable PDF with payment plans. Please note the NZSD 1st Yr cohort has an exclusive offer date of October 20th 2022. The deposit is required within 15 days of the offer and the initial payment will be on December 7th 2022.
During the application process, the student will answer many lifestyle questions. Massey encourages students to make their own applications. Whilst parental supervision is encouraged for 1st Yr applicants, the personal lifestyle answers are better provided by the student.
Massey University requests that the email address used by the applicant be their own.
For assistance with accommodation or home-stay arrangements please contact us or phone +64 4 381 9246