The New Zealand School of Dance offers professional training to exceptionally talented young people in an inspirational environment.
Our vision is to produce exceptional classical and contemporary dancers.
We are committed to being a leading professional dance training institution in the Asia-Pacific region.
Our objective is to build and enhance capability through:
- Developing confident, disciplined, versatile and creative dancers who fully explore their artistic potential and who are sought after by the dance industry
- Progressive training methods enhanced by the latest advances in the science of movement and wellbeing
- Being the workplace of choice for talented and passionate, diverse and widely recognised staff and tutors, providing strong leadership and an enduring legacy
- Providing a vibrant and stimulating atmosphere based on mutual trust and respect
- Effectively engaging with key stakeholders and communities
- Ensuring the School has sustainable, fit for purpose, flexible dance training facilities
The School is based in New Zealand’s capital city, Wellington – a rugged harbour city renowned for arts and culture and its vibrant creative atmosphere and weather.
The NZSD celebrates the physicality of New Zealand’s landscapes and people through dance training. Our graduates are strong, versatile and athletic dancers. Coming from the edge of the world, their adventurous spirit guides them to exciting dance careers both at home and around the world.
The New Zealand School of Dance is well connected to the dance community through secondments, visiting guest teachers and choreographers, competitions, conferences, professional networks and the ambassadorial role of its graduates.