Full-time students are accommodated through homestay accommodation and student apartment accommodation at Massey University’s Cube Hall.
Students who are younger than 17 at the start of their 1st Yr are accommodated by Host Families NZ (homestay) and older 1st Yr as well as 2nd and 3rd Yr students have accommodation at Cube Hall.
The New Zealand School of Dance has teamed-up with Host Families NZ to provide home-away-from-home accommodation to students – particularly those in their first year of study.
Choosing a homestay is a great option for students who are leaving home for the first time. You can feel safe and secure knowing all families are carefully interviewed and police screened. Students will be provided with meals and a warm and welcoming home environment.
Host Families NZ pride themselves on carefully matching students and visitors to their ideal host families by providing each party with a detailed profile. Their dedicated and experienced team match you with your ideal host as best they we can.
What is provided for:
• Welcoming family environment
• Reference families with police checks
• Laundry availability
• Reasonable use of internet, water, and electricity
• Great value – affordable
• 24/7 emergency support
• Breakfast and dinner on weekdays
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends and public holidays
The Cube at Massey
Massey University Wellington Halls accommodates NZSD students at The Cube Hall – located at 242 Taranaki Street – a 15-minute walk to the School.
The Cube Hall is a residential building comprised of sixty shared, self-catered apartments of 3-bedroom and 5-bedroom apartments, and 11 single studio apartments. The modern accommodation is fully furnished to a high standard, with wifi in all rooms and common areas, a common room and recreation room. Meal plans for residents are available.
The Cube Live Tour: 23 September 2023. The Cube staff will visit the School to speak to students and parents. Thereafter a Hall tour will commence at 1.30pm.
- To gain admission into the Cube Hall, it is required that 1st Yr students, both from Australia and New Zealand, are at least 17 years old by January 28, 2024. For international students, the minimum age requirement is 18 years old. Please note that no exceptions will be considered.
- 1st Yr students are usually placed in apartments with other NZSD students.
- Offers will be sent to 1st Yr students accepted by the NZSD on 9 October 2023.
- NZSD students may only apply for the Cube Hall, all our other halls are exclusive to Massey students.
- Senior students already residing at Massey University Halls will receive information for 2024 applications from Massey which opens 1August 2023.
- Senior students not currently residing at Massey Halls may apply for the Cube Hall from 1 August 2023.
Applications open on 1 August 2023
This link below offers virtual tours of the common areas and each apt type available. Under 2024 Pricing there is a downloadable PDF with payment plans. Deposit needs to be paid to accept and confirm your offer of place. Initial payments are due 21 Jan 2024.
During the application process, the student will answer many lifestyle questions. Massey encourages students to make their own applications. Whilst parental supervision is encouraged for 1st Yr applicants, the personal lifestyle answers are better provided by the student.
Massey University requests that the email address used by the applicant be their own.
For assistance with accommodation or home-stay arrangements please contact us or phone +64 4 381 9246