Applications will open on Monday 1 June, 2020 and close on Tuesday 1 September 2020. Bookmark this page to come back to the application form easily.
Classical ballet and contemporary dance students who will be between 16 & 18 years old when entering the full-time course are encouraged to apply to study at the School.
Step 1: Download & Complete Forms
First: download the Application Checklist. Complete and scan all the forms below before you begin your application.
- Medical Form
- Orthopaedic Form
- Confidential Professional Reference Form (to be completed and sent by your dance teacher)
Please scan all pages of the completed form as a single .pdf document (rather than saving each page of the form individually) so that you submit a total of four forms with your application.
Step 2: Gather Photographs
- Have any photographs to be submitted with your online application ready. Ensure that they are less than 2mb in size each.
Step 3: Complete the application and submit your forms
Once you have completed all forms and your photographs are ready, submit your application. The application form link will be made available here on 1 June, 2020.
Live auditions will be held on 26 September, 2020 in Wellington.
Australian and International students, or those who are unable to travel to Wellington must submit their video audtions by 18 September, 2020.
Our tips for a seamless application process:
- You can’t save the application form mid-way, so before you start entering information check that you:
- Have all the information required to complete the application ready – refer to the Application checklist
- Have pdfs of the completed forms ready – Medical Form, Orthopaedic Form, and Declaration.
- Have a pdf of your Character Reference – a letter from someone who has known you for at least two years.
- Prepare jpgs of passport-sized and practice photographs ready to upload – each photo must be a JPEG file up to 2MB each. Any larger and the form will not accept it, and you will be unable to move forward in the application.
- Have completed your audition if applicable – you will submit it along with your application.
- Applicants under 18 years old must have their Medical, Orthopaedic and Declaration forms signed by a parent or guardian.
- Be ready to pay the audition class fee at the end of the online form. Class fees are NZ$115 to audition in New Zealand and NZ$140 to audition by video. If you are paying by Visa or Mastercard please have the card with you. Those with NZ bank accounts may also pay by internet banking. Fees are non-refundable.
Applications to audition close Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 11.59pm NZST. Digital auditions close on Friday 18 September 2020.
The online application form will be available from 1 June – 1 September 2020