Applications to audition for full-time training at the New Zealand School of Dance in 2022 have closed. The next round of auditions for full time training will take place again in 2022.
- First ensure you have everything on the application checklist. Medical forms can be emailed to the School Administrator before the day of your audition.
- Then complete the online application form.
- Attend an audition in New Zealand*
- Those restricted from travel may submit a digital audition video
- 24 September – Application to audition due
- 30 September – Digital audition submissions for those under travel restrictions
- 9 October – Wellington audition – Te Whaea
- 31 October – Auckland audition – Wellesley Studios
We encourage those considering applying to observe classes at the School. Please note there is a fee to attend the audition class.
* New Zealand auditions: The School has also prepared for the possibility that we may not be able to conduct live auditions at all. If this does happen, auditions will move online. We will, however, do our best to let you know with as much notice as possible.
Please note: current information available to us indicates that intake for international students is not yet open for 2022. Please ensure that you keep abreast of New Zealand border restrictions and information via Immigration New Zealand.
Who should apply
Students are usually 16 to 18 years old when entering the full-time course. Exceptions may be made during the audition process.
Preference will be given to students who have attained NCEA Level 1 (Yr 11 NZ or Yr 10 Australia) and who have reached a level in classical ballet equivalent to RAD Advanced 1, IDTA Advanced level 1, BBO Advanced 1, Cecchetti Advanced 1 or BAL Intermediate.
Students are required to understand conversational English. Students who have a level of English lower than B1 of the CEFR must undertake an English language course before arriving at the School.
For those interested in full time-study at the New Zealand School of Dance, our PATHWAYS webinar is a great way to find out what it takes to apply, audition and be a student of the School.