Step 1: Download & Complete Forms
First: download the Application Checklist. Complete and scan all the forms below before you begin your application.
SUBMITTING YOUR FORMS:
Please save all pages of each completed form as a single PDF attachment (rather than saving each page of the form individually) so that you only submit a total of three PDF documents with your application.
Step 2: Gather Photographs
- Have the photographs to be submitted with your online application ready. Ensure that they are less than 2mb in size each.
- Headshot: Colour photo of head and shoulders, 45mm by 35mm in size. Saved as a jpg with your first and last name e.g. JohnSmithPassportPhoto
- Colour photo of full body, taken from the front. Camera aimed at bellybutton. Saved as a jpg with your first and last name e.g. JohnSmithFullLength
Step 3: Complete the application and submit your forms
Once you have completed all forms and your photographs are ready, submit your application online.
Applications to audition open 17 June 2021. CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Digital Auditions: submit your application & audition video by 3 September
Live Auditions: submit your application by 24 September
Step 4: Attend an audition in Oct 2021
7 October – Melbourne
Melbourne Academy of Performing Arts
140 Hall Street, Spotswood, 3015 VIC
8 October –Brisbane
Promenade Dance Studio
26 Glentanna Street, Kedron, 4031 QLD
9 October – Sydney
National Institute of Dramatic Art
215 Anzac Parade, Kensington, 2033 NSW
3 September – Online
Digital auditions to be submitted online before 3 September 2021 23.50 NZST
These auditions are open only to applicants who are unable to travel due to current restrictions.
Tips for a seamless application process:
- You can’t save the application form mid-way.
- Before you begin filling-in the online application, check that you have everything on the Application Checklist.
- Have pdfs of the completed forms ready – Medical Form, Orthopaedic Form, and Declaration.
- Allow enough time for the medical and orthopaedic forms to be completed by the relevant medical practitioners.
- Prepare jpgs of passport-sized and full-lenght photographs ready to upload – each photo must be a JPEG file up to 2MB each. Any larger and the form will not accept it, and you will be unable to move forward in the application.
- Applicants under 18 years old must have their Medical, Orthopaedic and Declaration forms signed by a parent or guardian.
- Be ready to pay the audition class fee at the end of the online form. Audition fees are NZ$110, payable by Visa or Mastercard. New Zealanders may also pay by internet transfer.