Step 1: Download & Complete Forms
First: download the Application Checklist. Complete and scan all the forms below before you begin your application.
SUBMITTING YOUR FORMS:
Should you not have your medical forms ready at the time of completing this online application you will still have access to upload them up until the 11th September.
Please save the Medical form as one single PDF document, the Orthopaedic form as one single PDF document and the Declaration form as one single PDF document, so that you only submit a total of three PDF documents with your application.
Step 2: Gather Photographs
- Have your application photographs ready. Ensure that they are less than 2mb in size each.
- Headshot: Colour photo of head and shoulders, 56mm by 37mm in size. Saved as a jpg with your first and last name e.g. Headshot John Smith
- Colour photo of full body, taken from the front. Camera aimed at bellybutton. Saved as a jpg with your first and last name e.g. Full Length John Smith
Step 3: Complete the application and submit your forms
Once you have completed all forms and your photographs are ready, submit your application online by 11 September 2023.
Application forms will open on Monday 12 June.
Step 4: Attend an audition in September 2023
NEW ZEALAND & AUSTRALIA
The School will contact you during the week prior with your audition information.
Wellington – Saturday 23 September
Venue: Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre
Brisbane – Monday 25 September
Venue: QLD Ballet, 406 Montague Road, West End
Sydney – Wednesday 27 September
Venue: Sydney Dance Company (SDC), Wharf 4/5 Walsh Bay Arts Precinct, 15 Hickson Road, Dawes Point, NSW
Melbourne- Thursday 28 September
Venue: VCASS, 57 Miles Street, Southbank
Digital auditions to be submitted online from Monday, 12 June.
These auditions are open only to applicants who are unable to travel due to current restrictions.
Tips for a seamless application process:
- You can’t save the application form mid-way.
- Before you begin filling in the online application, check that you have everything on the Application Checklist.
- Have PDFs of the completed forms ready if possible – Medical form, Orthopaedic form, and Declaration.
- Allow enough time for the Medical and Orthopaedic forms to be completed by the relevant medical practitioners.
- Prepare .jpgs of passport-sized (56x37mm) and full-length photographs ready to upload – each photo must be a JPEG file up to 2MB each. Any larger and the form will not accept it, and you will be unable to move forward in the application.
- Applicants under 18 years old must have their Medical, Orthopaedic and Declaration forms signed by a parent or guardian.
- Be ready to pay the audition class fee at the end of the online form:
- Audition in New Zealand NZD 135.00
- Audition in Australia NZD 145.00
- Digital auditions NZD 155.00
- All audition fees are non-refundable